Hello Dear Readers,

Welcome to my blog. Here you will find
crafty tutorials, crafty business tips, and my miscellaneous thoughts. Pour yourself some
tea and enjoy the journey.







We hear so much these days about layoffs and closures that it is somewhat frightening to listen to everything we hear. As most of us know, we are facing huge changes here in the United States with unemployment rising almost daily.

What better time to be creative than now?

I've been trying to focus on what people need rather than what people want. What are you willing to pay for in times like these...mostly necessities, I suppose. Maybe a little treat tucked in every now and again but not too often. I know that for me, as a mom, it gets tough to say no to my kids all of the time. Everything sparks their imagination and also their "I want that" button.

If you make craft items geared toward children,
here is a word of warning--

Have you heard about the new CPSIA law? Be extra careful when crafting and labeling your crafts. This new law was passed as a cry to safeguard our children against excess lead in toys imported from China. Remember that big scare Christmas before last with the Mattel toys? You can read more about this law on different forums and blogs. Here's one link: http://www.allcrafters.com/forums/index.php?board=38.0

Children's items are required to undergo stringent lead testing procedures or the manufacturer (crafter in our case) can face hefty fines. This testing can be expensive I hear. I've read posts about many moms shutting their crafty doors due to this new law.

I wish I had answers for you, but at this time, everyone is still researching and begging for reform. We will just have to keep our eyes and ears open for updates.

Don't give up hope though. I haven't.

I am brainstorming and coming up with new ideas daily. Time changes everything. Nothing stays the same forever and we tend to have problems adjusting and accepting change easily. That doesn't mean we can't do it though. We can and we will.

Chin up and smile wide!
0 Responses

Post a Comment