Hello Dear Readers,

Welcome to my blog. Here you will find
crafty tutorials, crafty business tips, and my miscellaneous thoughts. Pour yourself some
tea and enjoy the journey.







If you do, start a blog. It's easy to navigate for the beginner and a great marketing tool for the experienced. It is also FREE! If you don't want to use the free domain assigned by the blog, you can purchase a domain name and redirect it to your site. Let's say I owned the domain name www.craftyliving.com and I wanted to use that site name for this blog. I can! I would go to whomever I bought the domain name from and ask them how to have it redirected to go to my free blog site on Blogger or Wordpress. This is a very cheap way to get started because a domain shouldn't cost more than $10 a year. What a deal!

Templates are available online for transforming your blog into a store!

In addition, if you use Blogger, you can import your Etsy items onto the front page of your blog. What a cool tool!!! Unfortunately, Wordpress doesn't offer this feature but Wordpress offers more templates to choose from.

You can easily import your craft photos onto your blog using Flickr. I've done this and absolutely think it is one of the easiest ways to do photos. I'm photo challenged and I don't like taking the time to upload and upload. This process is very tedious for me. By using Flickr I've learned that it doesn't have to take so much time because the tools are all built right in. It's an absolute time-saver.

Now that you have your own website, how are you going to drive traffic to it? Hmmm, this is a challege for everyone but there are some great tools out there and some are FREE! Maybe you can barter advertising space from another online business or join an online group for online businesses similar to your own. To advertise online, you first need a banner.

If you need help with a banner, there are several do-it-yourself banner sites out there you can use for FREE! Some of these ask for a small donation to keep the site up but it would be well worth it. One such site is www.BannerSketch.com. They have great-looking templates in a variety of themes.

Good luck with new online crafting business!
0 Responses

Post a Comment