Hello Dear Readers,

Welcome to my blog. Here you will find
crafty tutorials, crafty business tips, and my miscellaneous thoughts. Pour yourself some
tea and enjoy the journey.







I am getting ready to crawl out of my warm covers to go out to my suburban garage workshop to pour some candles. My girls are still asleep as they have worked hard the day before reading books and taking care of their two little fuzzball mutt puppies. The girls acquired these little things from my mother-in-law on a recent visit. I never thought I would surround myself with dogs as I am extremely allergic to them but I find it being ever-more difficult to turn down cute little faces (the furry ones and my little girls'.)

One day last week I woke and realized this was the turning point in my life and in all of our lives in this house, although I may the only person in this house who realizes this. For some reason, I don't think my husband and my daughters quite believe me when I tell them this fact but I know it none-the-less.

This year will be the first year we are homeschooling. I truly regret not homeschooling from the very first day of my daughter's school career. We are so looking forward to using the Little House on the Prairie series as our themed curriculum. I do think it is the perfect choice as my girls remind me of Laura and Mary from the television series. I'm not really sure my kids have ever even seen the show! I grew up watching the show every week with my grandparents in the 1980's and then eventually watching the reruns every day in the 1990's. Honestly, I have not seen the show in many years now and I can hardly wait to revisit the shows and enjoy them with my girls.

It is 7:40 am and I should already be out there pouring those candles I have put off long enough. I think I may need a cup of coffee and some toast first. How do you begin your morning? Do you homeschool and if so, what curriculums have you used? Please leave a comment and let me know. I enjoy reading what others have to say so maybe I can pick up a bit of wisdom to tuck away for later.

God is showing me wonderful things lately and all I have to do is listen to his guideful whispers to keep me on track. I am looking forward to our lives from this point forward. I can hardly wait to jump right on in here and start anew! Thank you for joining me on this journey to self-rediscovery and true happiness blended with simplicity and truth.

Blessings Always,

Lena
0 Responses

Post a Comment